1. If possible, hire Urban Meyer for any key job opening you have.
2. Have three of everything, especially quarterbacks. (This is an elaboration of the SEALs’ saying that “two is one and one is done.)
3. Score first.
4. Have a a member of your team willing to sell his or her soul to the devil (in this case, the illustration came from Alabama punter JK Scott.)
5. Be very good in every part of your business, including mascots.
6. Have extra headsets.
7. Expect the rules to be poorly understood and erratically applied, which allows you to visualize victory even after encountering absurd if any explanations for regulatory decisions.
8. Understand and admit when you make a bone-headed move as with Meyer’s last series’ deep throw on first down when everyone in the country said “What was he thinking,” and about which, during the post game interview, Meyer admitted to deep second guessing.
9. Go everywhere with The Best Damn Band In The Land and the best promotional video.
10. Be from Ohio, the state that put the first man on the moon, invented airplanes, and provided the country with its most presidents. (Deduct from Virginia’s count those men born on English soil.)