Advertisement
Call the Show 800-520-1234
LIVE: Mon-Fri, 6-9AM, ET
Hugh Hewitt Book Club
Call 800-520-1234 email Email Hugh
Hugh Hewitt Book Club

Rick Perry and the Press

Email Email Print
Advertisement

Rich Lowry correctly predicts the reaction of the Manhattan-Beltway media elite to Governor Rick Perry.

In fact that reaction has already begun to unfold, along with absurd predictions like this one in The Hill.

Who is Brent Budowsky, you ask, to be so certain of Perry’s collapse?

I don’t know, but a week ago he was extolling Al Gore for president.

Point is, there are lots of predictions about what will unfold, lots of overreactions to daily events, and lots of airtime to be filled between now and Iowa’s caucuses.

Rasmussen shows us a poll that Governor Perry has a strong natural constituency, and a double digit lead among likely Republican primary voters, but he gathers in only 29%, leaving 71% not in his camp. He’s the frontrunner according to this poll, replacing Mitt Romney, but like Romney before him, not running away with it, as no one will until the spring.

There’s a good and necessary battle shaping up, one that will provide all the Republicans plenty of opportunity to sharpen the case against the president, who is floundering and may soon sink below the 35% line. No single misstatement is going to wreck a candidacy, and the scorn of the MSM is, if anything, a help to a candidate as he or she campaigns.

August is the month when heat stroke among pundits is most common. If Stephen Hayes wasn’t a victim, the race could take another enormous twist in a few days. It is best to stick to predictions about the Tribe’s resurgence as it heads towards October baseball.

Hughniverse

Listen Commerical FREE  |  On-Demand
Login Join
Fallen Officer Fund
Advertise with us Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Book Hugh Hewitt as a speaker for your meeting

Follow Hugh Hewitt

Advertisement

The Hugh Hewitt Show - Mobile App

Download from App Store Get it on Google play
Friends and Allies of Rome