The Obama thugs that tried to intimidate Stanley Kurtz are now busy sending e-mails alleging everything about Sarah Palin except an illegal polar bear hunt, and that may be in tomorrow’s in-box. Teams of Obamians are arriving in Alaska to invent veneers for smears, even though by now the record of rebuttal is so complete that perhaps even the New York Times will hesitate before publishing another round of lies and retractions. (Then again, probably not.) Exposure as a dirt-monger doesn’t deter those without a conscience.
One thing is clear: McCain-Palin is going to need a large “compliance fund” which are the monies used to defend the campaign on a variety of legal fronts in the weeks ahead. It is still legal to contribute to this fund, and if you support a fair shake for Sarah Palin, you should.
The three posts directly below –on Team Obama’s disgraceful handling of their surplus flags from coronation night, the questions that need to be answered about Obama-Ayers, and Obama’s incoherent gun ramble from yesterday– all suggest an Obama campaign in crisis. The huge crowd at the McCain-Palin event in Colorado today will only work to increase the sense of panic on the left, which in turn will raise not only the level of nuttery in the leftosphere but also trigger more resort by Obama to the Chicago rules he has mastered. When the going gets tough, Obama has a history of doing whatever it takes to win, so watch it get even uglier next week.
UPDATE: Be sure to read Jack Kelly’s Sarah Barracuda: Palin should strike fear in the hearts of Democrats. Hard to believe Jack is a Steelers fan. I haven’t pinned down this most-disquieting of rumors about Governor Palin yet, but it is said that she, like Jack and Rush, suffer from “SDS,” Steelers Derangement Syndrome, which leaves the afflicted with sudden flashbacks of NFL highlight films from the ’70s.
See also the Los Angeles Times’ Andrew Malcolm noting that Hillary is refusing to join in the disgusting attacks on Palin. The story includes this picture:
Here’s an e-mail re: yesterday’s McCain-Palin rally in Colorado Springs:
Obama’s media reports: “more than 10,000 saw McCain and Palin….. but that is to be expected because it is Colorado Springs.”
1) I haven’t seen a reliable number but
2) Cars were backed up for miles
3) The line to get in was about a mile long 3 abreast when the hanger was already full and stretched in a 20 yard semi circle outside the hanger door.
4) 12,000 flags were handed out and not more than 1 out of 3 or 1 out of 4 people received one.
5) At least 15,000 tickets were handed out per McCAin HQ and many were noted to admit 2
6) Children on 16 were not issued tickets and many children were there.
7) At the end they passed anyone through the magnatometer
8) I had a high bleacher seat and could see 3/4 of the crowd. I tried to picture them in seats in a stadium and concluded that there had to be at least 30,000 and could be as many as 50,000.
Many came from Fort Collins or Lamar 100 to 150 miles away. Many came from Denver 90 miles away. It would have been more correct to say it is to be expected because it is McCain and Palin.
If they had a bigger venue they could have issued tickets for another 50,000… They stopped issuing tickets not previously reserved mid week.
Just one more incident of a media denial.
Finally, ModerateRisk is peempting attacks on Palin smears. Examples:
1. No, Sarah Palin did not have a torrid love affair with GEN Petraeus while she was in Kuwait visiting AKNG troops….
12. No, Sarah Palin did not hunt down and kill everybody with a picture of her in a bikini from her pageant days. (Most people destroyed the negatives of their own free will after the disappearances started.)